Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Features: Kayla Curry



Kayla Curry

Featured Author


Short bio:
Kayla Curry is the Author of the Mystic Stones Series. Her goal was to be a published author by the age of 25 and her debut novel was just released 5 months before her 25th birthday. She lives in Nebraska and loves writing stories about the paranormal.


1.       Where's the strangest place you've ever written?
I don’t think I’ve ever written in a truly strange place, although I did have a dream once where I wrote a book. Of course, I woke up and completely forgot what I’d written in the dream.
2.       What book do you wish you had written?
I wish I’d written the entire original Sherlock Holmes series. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is a genius.
3.       What inspires you?
Dreams and research. Sounds silly, but that’s pretty much where all my ideas come from.
4.       When did you start writing?
I started writing in elementary school, but didn’t realize I could actually do anything with my stories until high school. Once I realized that, I took every writing class there was and was on the school paper for the last three of my four years.
5.       Tell us three things about you that aren’t about writing.
I love crafts—I make most of my holiday decorations myself and also dabble in origami.
I am a mother of two boys and I love spending time with them and my husband.
Without my contacts or glasses I’m blind as a bat—I literally can’t see anything but blurs of color if it’s further than 5 inches from my face.

Connect with Kayla

Insert links for each of these if you have them and delete them if you don’t.



BOOK BLURB:
Ava Tanner finds herself in a world without satellite technology in a time of GPS, Smart Phones and Tablets. When she discovers that a corporation headed by vampires with a sinister motive is to blame, her world is turned upside-down. After a narrow escape, she learns a mystical secret about herself that could aide her in her fight against the vampires. Unfortunately, the vampires see her either as a valuable asset or a target for destruction.
When the world is on the brink of complete social and technological devastation, one must ask themselves: Would I give up my blood for the modern ideal way of life, or will I wage war with the overlords of chaos?


Grab Your Copy

Insert links for each of these if you have them and delete them if you don’t. If something you use isn’t featured, feel free to add it in.
Barnes & Noble | Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog