Short bio : Kate Lutter believes she was born to write. She wrote her first novel when she was in eighth grade, but then almost burned her house down when she tried to incinerate her story in the garbage can because she couldn’t get the plot to turn out right. Now, many years later, she lives in NJ with her husband and five cats (no matches in sight) and spends her days writing contemporary paranormal romances, traveling the world, and hanging out with her four wild sisters. She is happy to report that her debut novel, Wild Point Island, the first in a series, has just been published by Crescent Moon Press. She is busy writing the sequel and her weekly travel blog entitled Hot Blogging with Chuck, which features her very snarky and rascally almost famous cat.
1. Where's the strangest place you've ever written? A few years ago I was in Rosignavo Salvo, a small seashore town near Pisa in Italy. I was staying with a friend and when I think back –why did I even spend a moment writing when I was in Italy?? Am I nuts? I mean I love to write, but gees, I could have been eating gelato or hanging out with some cute Italians.
2. What book do you wish you had written? Hands down, Jane Eyre. I love the saga -ike story and the romance between Jane and Rochester.
3. What inspires you? Stories of people who do heroic things—who stand up against injustice, who take action to make life better for those other than themselves.
4. When did you start writing? I wrote my first novel when I was in eighth grade.
5. Tell us three things about you that aren’t about writing. I’ve been studying Italian for six years, and I’m determined to learn how to speak the language. I’m a bit of a crazy cat person—I have 5 cats at home, I feed 3 feral cats, and I volunteer at a privately owned cat shelter. AND I love to be outside—gardening, walking, hiking—and at the very least I need to have a window open.
Connect with Kathleen
www.katelutter.com | www.katelutter.blogspot.com | www.twitter.com/katelutter | www.facebook.com/katelutternovelist |
www.goodreads.com/book/show/14060682-wild-point-island | www.amazon.com/Kate-Lutter/e/B00853ML10/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Wild Point Island:
Banished from Wild Point Island as a child, Ella Pattenson, a half human-half revenant, has managed to hide her true identity as a descendent of the Lost Colony of Roanoke. Thought to have perished, the settlers survived but were transformed into revenants--immortal beings who live forever as long as they remain on the island.
Now, Ella must return to the place of her birth to rescue her father from imprisonment and a soon to be unspeakable death. Her only hope is to trust a seductive revenant who seems to have ties to the corrupt High Council. Simon Viccars is sexy and like no man she’s ever met. But he’s been trapped on the island for 400 years and is willing to do almost anything for his freedom.
With the forces of the island conspiring against her, Ella must risk her father, her heart, and her life on love.
Grab Your Copy